Week 3 Day 3
Modified Camel Pose
1. Come up onto your knees. Take padding under your knees if needed.
2. Draw your hands up the side of your body as you start to open your chest.
3. Reach your hands back one at a time to grasp your heels or blocks to modify.
4. Bring your hips forward so that they are over your knees.
5. Let your head come back, opening your throat.
Modify: Curl your toes under and come to the balls of your feet if you cannot reach your heels when the feet are flat, or use blocks on either side of your feet.
Camel Pose creates maximum compression of the spine, which stimulates the nervous system.
It also improves flexibility of the neck and spine, relieves backache, and helps degenerative spinal problems.
By stretching the abdominal organs, Camel helps constipation, and it also stretches the throat and thyroid and parathyroid glands.
#yoga #yogaeverydamnday #modified #camel #breathe #meditation #Houstontxyogis #om #yogachallenge #blackgirlsdoyoga #yogini #challenge #recovery #surgery by realignmbs http://instagram.com/p/r6DRouRad6/
Purchase Yoga Supplies on Amazon here —> http://jermil.com/BYS_VIP/
^o^ Get help deciding out where to start with yoga here —> http://www.fiverr.com/s/58rxwm